Are you finding a surge of interest in the Filipino language? Get access to the best apps for learning Tagalog today and teach yourself to focus on learning the basics or the most advanced concepts there are in this unique Asian language! By using different applications all at one time, you can seriously progress and reach at least the conversational level. To make things interesting, our list will only focus on free language learning apps available for download today!
Tagalog is an easy language to master since there are tons of opportunities to use the language. Unlike other native speakers, Filipino people can be seen almost everywhere globally, which makes it possible to come across or work with one who speaks the Tagalog language.
If ever you heard a full-blown conversation using only this new language, then you must have distinguished certain features such as the use of Taglish and that some words are related to Spanish. This makes it easier for English speakers to learn the basics as the pressure of not being able to express yourself fully is no longer there. In fact, you can visit the Philippines and use English all throughout your journey to survive.
Because English is the second most widely used language in the country, what is interesting here is that not all people can speak Tagalog, but almost everyone can speak English! But of course, in order to fully immerse yourself in the country, it will be helpful for you to learn some of the most basic sentences, phrases, and vocabulary words that you can use for everyday conversation. Ready to kick start your learning and mimic how native Tagalog speakers pronounce and construct meaning? Find out more about this below!
8 Best Apps For Learning Tagalog And Speaking Like Native Speakers!
|Simply Learn||– Free access to over 300 useful Tagalog words and phrases.|
– Audio lessons recorded by native Filipino speakers.
– A method of learning based on spaced repetition.
– A review test of your Tagalog abilities.
|Simple Learn Tagalog Pro: $14.99|
|Vocly||– Study vocab from 100+ categories|
– Use flashcards to sharpen your memory
– Playing educational games
|Monthly subscription: $8.99|
Yearly subscription: $34.99
Lifetime membership: $129.99
|Translate Me||– Real-time translation of spoken dialogue.|
– Set a language pair, begin talking, and the app will automatically determine your language.
– A 40-Language Capable Voice Translator
– Type into 100+ different language options.
|1-Week Travel Pack: $7.99|
1-Year Travel Pack: $99.99
|Mondly||– 5500 quizzes and 240 engaging lessons|
– 2,000+ fresh phrases and words
|1-month/1-language plan: $9.99|
1-year/1-language plan: $47.99
Lifetime access/41 languages: $1999.99
|Pimsleur||– 30-minute conversational lessons|
– Review conversation transcripts by role-playing
|Buy 1 level: $150|
Buy the complete course (5 levels): $575
|iTalki||– Pick a time that works for you from 30, 45, 60, or 90-minute sessions.|
– Language lessons are adapted to students’ skill levels.
– Free question and answer community.
|Price varies based on the online tutor|
|Rosetta Stone||– Keep your language study on track with a strategy designed just for you.|
– Learn how to pronounce words correctly and have them analyzed in real-time.
– Lessons can be saved and accessed later.
|3-month plan: $35.97|
12-month plan: $95.88
Lifetime subscription: $299
|Ling||– Over 60 Language Lessons.|
– Over 200 Courses in Each Language.
– Vocabulary, phrases, and topics for all skill levels.
– Resources for the course were developed in collaboration with native speakers.
– Grammar explanations and real-world examples.
– Audio lessons recorded by native speakers.
|Free for beginner lessons|
Monthly subscription: $8.99
Yearly subscription: $79.99
Lifetime membership: $149.99
Learners from across the world have always been in search on Google for practical courses, websites, and tools for language learning. However, most of the free online resources available today are just not good enough… some of the materials were not even updated ever since it was published, which is why some words and expressions are not up to date! Additionally, some materials or websites only show the dictionary meaning of a particular word with no actual examples of using it for real sentences.
To seriously upgrade your skills and practice the Tagalog language in the easiest and most fun ways, we will walk you through 4 significant applications which will jumpstart your language learning journey.
1. Simply Learn
Tagalog learning will definitely get much more manageable with Simply Learn! Why? Because this app deals with sets of 100% Tagalog phrases, vocabulary, and expressions perfect for spoken interaction. It also showcases a number of new slang, which can be truly useful in blending in with the native Tagalog speakers.
Finding yourself a bit scared when it comes to speaking the Tagalog language? This phrasebook tool is an ideal solution for total beginners who are finding themselves in a situation wherein they need to do spoken interactions right away. The phrases and expressions are chunked based on real-life categories (emergencies, dating, and even conversation starters). Every entry has a combined audio file so that you practice pronunciation and mimic how speaking techniques of native speakers.
- Free access to over 300 useful Tagalog words and phrases.
- Audio lessons recorded by native Filipino speakers.
- A method of learning based on spaced repetition.
- A review test of your Tagalog abilities.
- Simple Learn Tagalog Pro: $14.99
Ready to impress a Filipino whenever you speak the Tagalog language? You can do so without any worries using this app.
While paid lessons or courses can teach you only a few things here and there, Vocly can upgrade your knowledge in terms of vocabulary words. If you are looking to use highfaluting words in spoken or written interactions, using a dedicated tool will move you from the basic kumusta and salamat to some of the most complex words in Tagalog. The best part? This free platform will make sure that you get to learn over 100 words per category that you can ever think of. Want a comprehensive list of Tagalog words related to transportation, homes, and feelings? You can learn all that and more in this fantastic app by Simya Solutions.
- Study vocab from 100+ categories
- Use flashcards to sharpen your memory
- Playing educational games
- Monthly subscription: $8.99
- Yearly subscription: $34.99
- Lifetime membership: $129.99
3. Translate Me
Sometimes, learning a foreign language may be too difficult, even if you use remarkable apps. If you do not have much time to learn the complex grammar rules and the slang, you can simply use a free innovative translate platform to decipher anything you want instantly. This differs from Google translate because real native speakers actually update the Translate Me app. SO, if you want to say something in an informal manner, you can get suggestions in both casual and slang translations.
As you reach this part of the article, we hope you enjoyed our top resources perfect for learning, speaking, and understanding a new language. We believe that these apps can seriously help you out as it allows you to learn your lesson wherever you are in the world. No wonder why the ones on our list were downloaded over a million times! So, what are you waiting for? Practice like a pro and get your creative juices flowing with these apps today!
- Real-time translation of spoken dialogue: pick any two languages and have natural talks without touching the device
- Set a language pair, begin talking, and the app will automatically determine your language.
- A 40-Language Capable Voice Translator.
- Type into 100+ different language options.
- 1-Week Travel Pack: $7.99
- 1-Year Travel Pack: $99.99
Get daily free lessons in a language you want to learn. You’ll be able to recall essential vocabulary, construct sentences, master key phrases, and join in discussions in minutes. Mondly’s fun language lessons are the most effective way to learn grammatical structures and pronunciation.
Language learners can explore reading, listening, writing, and speaking activities supplemented by a dictionary, verb conjugator, and cutting-edge speech recognition technology, simulating the experience of having a personal instructor at their fingertips!
- 5500 quizzes and 240 engaging lessons
- 2,000+ fresh phrases and words
- 1-month/1-language plan: $9.99
- 1-year/1-language plan: $47.99
- Lifetime access/41 languages: $1999.99
Unlike many other language applications, Pimsleur is only dedicated to helping you become fluent in spoken language. You won’t waste time matching words and images on a computer; instead, you’ll learn to speak the language from the very first lesson onward, and within 30 minutes, you’ll be having your first conversation. They have assisted individuals in learning languages in just 30 days for the past 50 years. Additionally, the hands-free feature adds to the convenience of learning a new language anytime, anywhere!
- 30-minute conversational lessons.
- Review conversation transcripts by role-playing.
- Use flashcards to study new words.
- Buy 1 level: $150
- Buy the complete course (5 levels): $575
Private instruction with native speakers is a great way to start studying or progressing in Tagalog or any other language. Learn Tagalog through genuine human interaction with a native teacher on italki and experience an immersive learning environment. They’ll tailor each session to your strengths and limitations to speed up your learning process.
Use this time to your advantage by expanding your linguistic and cultural horizons and professional development. Forgoing the impersonal nature of traditional language lessons, iTalki facilitates conversational learning and interchange with native speakers who can provide comprehensive instruction in the target language and culture. The greatest way to learn a language, aside from the italki community, is through one-on-one video calls with native speakers!
- Pick a time that works for you from 30, 45, 60, or 90-minute sessions.
- Language lessons are adapted to students’ skill levels.
- Free question and answer community.
- One-on-one lessons
- Price varies based on the online tutor.
7. Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone is a smartphone app that allows you to learn a language without needing books, a translator, or a dictionary!
Rosetta Stone incorporates audio and visual cues to teach you new vocabulary, while advanced voice recognition tools ensure you pronounce everything correctly. Rosetta Stone’s approach to language learning is successful and supported by research.
The app creates an approach to learning a new language specifically for you, considering your interests and goals. Let’s use its well-established immersion technique to learn a language intuitively. In addition, its extended Learning capabilities allow you to save lessons for offline use and provide access to various quizzes!
- Keep your language study on track with a strategy designed just for you.
- Learn how to pronounce words correctly and have them analyzed in real-time.
- Lessons can be saved and accessed later.
- 3-month plan: $35.97
- 12-month plan: $95.88
- Lifetime subscription: $299
8. The Ling App
A free language learning app built to support learners in over 60+ languages. Instead of just bombarding you with word-based lessons, it also teaches about critical grammar rules, contextual meaning of vocabulary words and guides you in terms of pronunciation. For languages with certain writing systems, the app will also help you master it right away! Additionally, this tool will give you fun games based on a specific lesson category so that you can check your level and review too!
- Over 60 Language Lessons.
- Over 200 Courses in Each Language.
- Vocabulary, phrases, and topics for all skill levels.
- Resources for the course were developed in collaboration with native speakers.
- Grammar explanations and real-world examples.
- Audio lessons recorded by native speakers.
- Free for beginner lessons
- Monthly subscription: $8.99
- Yearly subscription: $79.99
- Lifetime membership: $149.99
Tagalog Learning Made Easy!
Contrary to common belief, you do not have to settle for paid apps to get access to the best language lessons today! Just by using your mobile devices (no matter what Android or iOS version you have), you can start learning, practicing, and reviewing during your free time. Some of the applications may need you to be online, but there are literally other ones that you can use that features an offline mode.
If you enjoyed this post, feel free to read our previous posts here on the website, like how to construct sentences, basic grammar rules, and the common verbs in Tagalog so that you improve your skills and develop confidence in speaking the fantastic language of the Philippines. Got questions or clarifications? Feel free to drop a comment down below, and we’d love to help you out anytime!
Updated information by Mei