Hey! I guess you’re an adventurous language learner who is tired of learning the same foreign languages and craving something unique – such as the Mongolian language! Well, we’ve got you covered! Did you know that Ling offers a Mongolian language course – a rare gem you won’t find in other language apps, not even on Busuu! Unfortunately, there is no Mongolian on Busuu. But you’ll find two alternatives to Busuu on which you can learn Mongolian!
Table of Contents
About The Mongolian Language
- Mongolian is a fascinating language spoken primarily in Mongolia and parts of China and Russia.
- It’s part of the Altaic language family, which also includes Turkish and Korean.
- Mongolian has two main dialects: Khalkha and Inner Mongolian.
- The script is traditionally written vertically from top to bottom, using the Cyrillic alphabet in Mongolia and the Mongolian script in Inner Mongolia.
- The language is known for its vowel harmony and complex system of case markers, which indicate grammatical roles in sentences.
Where Is Mongolian Spoken?
Mongolian is primarily spoken in Mongolia, a landlocked country located in Central Asia. It is the official language of Mongolia and is used in all aspects of daily life, including government, education, media, and business.
Additionally, Mongolian is spoken in certain regions of China. Due to historical migrations and cultural ties, small communities of Mongolian speakers can also be found in other countries, including Russia and Kazakhstan.
Is It Difficult To Learn Mongolian?
The difficulty of learning Mongolian, like any language, depends on various factors such as:
- your native language
- previous language-learning experience
- the resources available for learning
For English speakers, learning Mongolian can be challenging because of its different linguistic roots and unique features. The language has a complex system of case markers and vowel harmony, which might take some time to master.
However, as with any language, consistent practice, patience, and a willingness to immerse yourself in the culture will enhance your proficiency in Mongolian over time.
If you would like to learn more about the difficulties of Mongolian, you can read our related article and see if it’s really hard to learn Mongolian!
Overview Of Busuu
I admit that Busuu is a fantastic language-learning app perfect for travelers and language enthusiasts. With Busuu, you can master a new language from the comfort of your smartphone.
The highlight of Busuu is its community-driven approach to learning a new language, allowing users to practice with native speakers of their target language through interactive exercises and live conversations. It’s like having a language buddy in your pocket. At present, that app currently offers 14 foreign language courses. You can find popular languages like Spanish, French, or Mandarin, or the less common ones like Turkish or Arabi on Busuu – but Mongolian is not one of them.
The app’s well-structured lessons incorporate real-life situations, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation exercises to ensure well-rounded proficiency. Interactive quizzes, speaking exercises, and writing challenges keep the learning process engaging and dynamic.
To summarize, Busuu would be your go-to language-learning app… if it offered Mongolian.
Why Is There No Mongolian On Busuu?
Busuu might not offer the Mongolian language due to several reasons:
- Demand and Popularity: Language-learning apps like Busuu typically prioritize languages based on their demand and popularity among users. While Mongolian is a fascinating language, it may not have ranked high enough in terms of demand compared to more widely spoken languages like Spanish, French, or Chinese.
- Resource Limitations: Developing high-quality language courses requires significant time, effort, and resources. Busuu may have focused on more mainstream languages where they can allocate their resources more effectively to reach a larger user base.
- Linguistic Complexity: Mongolian, with its unique script and grammar, might present specific challenges for course development. Creating comprehensive and effective lessons for a language with a relatively smaller learner base can be more demanding than for widely studied languages.
- Target Market: Language-learning companies often target languages that align with their primary user base or the markets they aim to expand into. If their primary focus was on other regions or languages with higher demand, Mongolian might not have been prioritized.
It’s essential to note that language-learning apps continuously evolve and update their offerings based on user feedback and market demands. Therefore, the availability of Mongolian on Busuu or any other language-learning app might change in the future.
2 Alternatives For Learning Mongolian
Here are the best two alternatives to Busuu for learning Mongolian:
Memrise is a fantastic language-learning app that offers an immersive and fun approach to mastering languages, including Mongolian. With Memrise, delving into the intricacies of Mongolian becomes a captivating journey!
The app’s standout feature is its vast library of user-created courses, ensuring a diverse and comprehensive learning experience. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced learner, Memrise has courses tailored to your level, covering essential vocabulary and phrases.
Memrise’s engaging multimedia content, including videos and audio recordings by native speakers, enhances language comprehension and pronunciation. With its spaced repetition system, Memrise reinforces learning and boosts memory retention.
Thanks to Memrise, learning Mongolian has never been so enjoyable and effective!
Ling is a top-notch language-learning app that helps you master 60+ foreign languages, including Mongolian, of course.
When it comes to learning Mongolian, Ling stands out with its exceptional features.
The app provides a vast range of interactive lessons tailored specifically for Mongolian, designed to cater to learners of all levels, from beginners to advanced. Each lesson covers useful vocabulary, grammar, and conversational phrases, making it ideal for both travelers and language enthusiasts.
One of the best features of Ling is its speech recognition technology, which allows users to practice their pronunciation and receive instant feedback. This feature is particularly valuable for mastering the distinct sounds and tones of the Mongolian language.
Another highlight of Ling is its offline mode, ensuring that learners can continue their studies even without an internet connection, perfect for those on the go!
So, whether you’re preparing for an adventure in Mongolia or simply curious about this fascinating language, Ling is your ideal companion for exploring the world of Mongolian language and culture.