Ever watched a Bollywood movie and wished you were able to understand and speak Hindi dialogues like your favorite stars, or to sing along those peppy dance numbers? Well, impossible is nothing! You can find the best Hindi learning app to fulfill your wish to completely enjoy your Bollywood cinematic experience.
And no, mouthing Hindi movie dialogues need not be the only reason to learn Hindi. Hindi is the fourth most-spoken language in the world, with a majority of native speakers concentrated in the north and central regions of the Republic of India. So, if you wish to travel to and explore this culturally diverse land – also known as Hindustan – you would do really well to gain some basic Hindi language skills, at least. And the best way to go about learning it is via the best apps to learn Hindi. Let’s check out some of them in this article. But before that, let’s learn a bit more about the Hindi language.
Why Learn Hindi
Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken primarily in India, serving as one of its official languages. With over 500 million speakers, it holds a prominent position as the fourth most spoken language globally. Written in the Devanagari script, Hindi exhibits a rich literary history, encompassing diverse genres like poetry, prose, and classic epics.
Learning Hindi provides you with a deeper understanding of North Indian and Central Indian traditions, customs, art, music, literature, and cinema. It also enables you to connect more authentically with native Hindi speakers and build meaningful relationships with them.
Moreover, knowing conversational Hindi can significantly enhance your travel experiences in a fascinating and multifaceted country like India. When you travel to Hindi-speaking regions, you’ll find it easier to communicate with locals, negotiate prices, ask for directions, and engage in meaningful conversations. This proficiency fosters a more immersive travel experience, allowing you to explore off-the-beaten-path destinations and truly connect with the local culture.
Furthermore, Hindi is widely used in India’s entertainment industry, including Bollywood, which is one of the largest film industries globally. By resolving to learn Hindi, you gain access to a vast collection of Hindi films, TV shows, music, and literature, which allows you to appreciate the artistic expressions of a different culture.
Now that you know so many advantages of learning Hindi, it is time to go through this brief but precise list of Hindi learning apps available in the market.
|App||Getting Started Price||Best For|
|Rocket Hindi App||$19/month (Free Trial Available)||Beginners|
|FunEasyLearn||$4.99/month (Free Trial Available)||Learning Hindi Alphabet|
|Pimsleur Hindi||$21.95 per 5 lessons (Free Trial Available)||Hindi Audio Lessons|
|Simply Learn Hindi||Free||Travelers|
|Ling App||$6.67/ month (Free Trial Available)||Learning Hindi Via Gamification|
|iTalki||Varies||Finding Hindi Tutors|
#1 Rocket Hindi: Best Hindi App For Beginners
Rocket Languages’ Hindi learning app offers an interactive platform to master the Hindi language. The focus is on improving the most practical aspect of learning a new language – conversational skills. Hence, the app provides audio lessons, interactive exercises, and cultural insights to immerse learners in the language and culture. The app also enables learners to track their progress, which ensures personalized learning paths.
Stand Out Features
- One standout feature of the Rocket Languages’ Hindi learning app is its comprehensive audio lessons. These immersive lessons allow new learners to practice listening and speaking skills in real-life scenarios, making language acquisition more natural and practical. By hearing native speakers and engaging in conversational exercises, these new users gain a high chance of developing an authentic accent.
- The voice recognition tool provides instant feedback on pronunciation, which directly has a positive impact on a new learner’s speaking skills. By comparing their pronunciation to that of native speakers, users can gradually eliminate the mistakes they make while speaking a new language, thus, in turn, becoming more and more fluent.
|$19/ month for 6 months||All Features Unlocked, Lifetime Access|
|$99.95 one-time payment||All Features Unlocked, Lifetime Access|
#2 FunEasyLearn: Best App To Learn The Hindi Alphabet
FunEasyLearn is one of my go-to apps for learning to write the alphabet of a foreign language. Its user interface is absolutely friendly, and the easy-to-follow lessons on how to write Hindi letters via the tracing method are fantastic tools to help novice learners get started on their writing skills. A basic one-month subscription is enough to unlock and practice all 46 letters of the Hindi alphabet.
Moreover, with its gamified approach, interactive lessons, and quizzes, the app makes language acquisition engaging and fun. The app’s comprehensive curriculum covers vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation. In fact, the platform claims to have one of the largest vocabulary libraries with over 6000 words and 1250 phrases on offer for the Hindi language.
Stand Out Features
- The app offers strong visual and audio support, enabling learners to grasp Hindi vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation effectively. Through the use of images, illustrations, and audio pronunciation, users can associate words with their meanings and learn correct pronunciation.
- Hands-free mode and deaf mode are two unique features in this app that frequently come in handy for learners facing various obstacles.
|$3.99 for a month||All features unlocked|
|$2.49/ month for 6 months||All features unlocked|
|$1.79/ month for 12 months||All features unlocked|
|$49.99 for a lifetime||All features unlocked|
#3 Pimsleur Hindi: Best App With Hindi Audio Lessons
Pimsleur language learning courses employ the scientifically proven method of spaced repetition – it shows that memory retention improves when information is reviewed at increasing intervals. Pimsleur’s courses present learners with new vocabulary and phrases while strategically spacing out repetitions over time. This reinforces long-term memory, ensuring learners retain and recall the language more effectively. By leveraging this evidence-based approach, Pimsleur optimizes language acquisition, allowing learners to progress steadily and confidently in their chosen language.
The platform offers 30-minute core lessons in Hindi by dividing the learning curriculum into levels 1 and 2. It also takes into consideration the flexibility of pace needed for learning a new language, thus offering car mode as well as compatibility with audio devices like Amazon Echo. Further, reading lessons are included at the end of lesson 30 to provide you with an introduction to reading the Hindi alphabet.
Stand Out Features
- The course primarily focuses on developing conversational skills. Thus, the app provides immersive audio lessons that allow learners to practice listening, speaking, and pronunciation in a real-world context. This approach encourages learners to think in the target language, enhancing their ability to communicate naturally and confidently.
- The app presents Hindi learners with new Hindi words and phrases in a structured manner and strategically schedules review sessions at optimal intervals. By utilizing this approach, Pimsleur helps learners remember and recall vocabulary more effectively, facilitating long-term language proficiency.
|$21.95 per 5 lessons||5 lessons from the complete course|
|$119.95||Pimsleur Hindi Level 1 (only audio lessons)|
|$119.95||Pimsleur Hindi Level 2 (only audio lessons)|
|$230||Pimsleur Hindi Levels 1-2 (only audio lessons)|
|$150||Pimsleur Hindi Level 1 Premium (complete course + 16 hours of audio lessons)|
|$150||Pimsleur Hindi Level 2 Premium (complete course + 16 hours of audio lessons)|
|$300||Pimsleur Hindi Levels 1-2 Premium (complete course + 32 hours of audio lessons)|
#4 Simply Learn Hindi: Best Hindi App For Travelers
Simply Learn Hindi is a user-friendly language-learning app designed to help beginners grasp the fundamentals of Hindi effectively. Through its audio lessons that feature clear audio pronunciations in the voice of native speakers, the app enables learners to build essential vocabulary and sentence structures. The most amazing feature is the exhaustive phrasebook pertaining to basic greetings, inquiring about popular tourist spots, discussing menus in restaurants, discussing time and prices, and asking about routes and transportation, among others.
The free version of the app lets you learn new Hindi words through flashcards and review your progress through simple quizzes. It is one of the best language apps to download for your Hindi lessons while traveling. Simply Learn Hindi offers a convenient and accessible platform to embark on a rewarding language-learning journey.
Stand Out Features
- The app deploys an exhaustive list of Hindi phrases via audio pronunciations and quizzes to keep learners actively involved and motivated throughout their journey. This dynamic approach ensures that learners grasp Hindi grammar and vocabulary in a fun and effective manner.
- The app’s second standout feature lies in its user-friendly progress-tracking system. Learners can easily monitor their advancement through the course, view their achievements, and identify areas that need improvement.
|Free version||All the lessons|
|$0.99||For in-app purchases|
#5 Ling App: Best App For Learning Hindi Via Gamification
The Ling app holds significant value in aiding learners to master Hindi. It offers tailored courses for Hindi learners of all levels and proficiencies. Through interactive exercises, audio pronunciations, and vocabulary building, Ling fosters speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. This multifaceted approach enables learners to immerse themselves in the Hindi language and culture, empowering them to communicate effectively and confidently in real-life situations.
The best part is that all the lessons are kept unlocked, which means they are free to use as you progress ahead in your learning journey. With its speech recognition technology, you can record your answers, thus allowing yourself to compare your pronunciation with that of the native speaker. This is a beneficial approach to ensuring that you speak correctly, with the right enunciations.
Stand Out Features
- The gamified interface of the app, which includes features like quizzes, challenges, and rewards, is integrated to keep learners engaged and motivated throughout their language-learning journey. Its bite-sized lessons are easy to digest and perfect for learners with busy schedules.
- The use of an AI chatbot to help learners practice their conversation skills is the added bonus, that too completely free!
|Free version||The first 8 lessons|
|$8.99 for 1 month||To unlock the pro version|
|$6.67/month for 12 months||To unlock the pro version|
|$149.99 for a lifetime||To unlock the pro version|
#6 iTalki: Best App To Find Hindi Tutors
iTalki is a language-learning app that offers a convenient and effective platform for learning Hindi. With a global community of native Hindi-speaking tutors, learners can engage in personalized one-on-one lessons via video chat. The app provides a flexible schedule and diverse teaching styles to cater to individual needs and proficiency levels.
Learners can practice speaking, listening, and comprehension skills in real-life scenarios via live Hindi lessons. iTalki’s interactive approach and user-friendly interface make it an ideal choice for those seeking to master Hindi at their own pace, irrespective of their location.
Stand Out Features
- One of the standout features of the iTalki app is its extensive selection of qualified language teachers from around the world, with whom you can easily learn to speak Hindi. Learners can find instructors who match their specific learning needs, goals, and preferred teaching style.
- The app’s interactive video chat functionality is another remarkable feature through which students can engage in real-time conversations with their teachers. This allows for personalized feedback, practice in speaking and listening skills, and an immersive language learning experience from the comfort of their own homes.
|Trial version||Starts at $1 per hour|
|Paid version||Varies from $5 to $15 per session depending upon the tutor|
Round-Up: The Best Hindi Learning App
So, to round up, the world of language learning has been revolutionized by technology, and these Hindi language apps offer a wealth of opportunities for learners of all levels. Whether you’re a beginner seeking a solid foundation or an advanced learner aiming to refine your skills, these apps provide a comprehensive and interactive experience.
From Ling’s gamified approach to Pimsleur’s immersive methodology and iTalki’s personalized tutoring, each app caters to different learning preferences. Embracing these apps empowers learners to unlock the beauty of the Hindi language, connect with its rich culture, and open doors to exciting career prospects in the globalized world. Embrace the power of these apps, and embark on a fulfilling Hindi learning journey to fluency!
Learn Hindi With Ling
Now that you have got the road map to chart your Hindi course via all these amazing language-learning apps, why not turn it into a fun and exciting journey by starting your Hindi lessons with Ling? In doing so, you’ll not be alone, that’s for sure!
You’ll be one among the millions of language enthusiasts worldwide who have made Ling the top choice for language learning! As one of the most downloaded language-learning apps, Ling brings an unparalleled experience with its gamified interface. You have the option to choose from over 60 languages, particularly from South Asian and South East Asian regions. The bite-sized lessons fit your busy lifestyle, making learning convenient and effective.
More than anything else, you will be subjected to interactive quizzes that add excitement to your progress. You will be able to perfect your pronunciation with audio exercises by native speakers, ensuring an authentic language journey. And then, you can take it a step further with Ling’s AI chatbot, offering real-life situation conversations for practical application.