When I first stumbled upon Lingokids, I knew I was onto something special. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill language learning app.
No, Lingokids is a vibrant, playful space that turns language learning into an adventure for younger children. It’s designed for kids, and you can tell every corner of this app is filled with fun and excitement.
But what caught my attention about Lingokids is how it makes learning English feel like playtime.
It’s not all about grammar or memorizing long lists of words. It’s about sparking a love for the language that makes learning feel natural and fun.
With Lingokids, every lesson is an adventure. So, are you ready to join me on this Lingokids review and take a closer look at what makes it so unique? Let’s jump right in!
What Is Lingokids?
Lingokids is a world where learning and play collide, creating a unique “Playlearning™” experience.
Founded in 2016 by Cristobal Viedma, Lingokids embarked on a mission. A mission to transform screen time into a quality learning adventure for kids.
The team behind Lingokids is a diverse group of educators, technologists, and creatives who poured their passion for language learning and child development into every pixel of the app.
The result? An app packed with games, songs, audiobooks, and content from Oxford University Press, all designed to make Lingokids English learning easy and fun.
The best part is that kids are so engrossed in the activities, they don’t even realize they’re learning.
Languages Offered: English with over 3000 vocabulary words and a large collection of 60 different topics.
Learner’s Level: The app is tailored for kids aged 2 to 8. Beginner to advanced.
|It’s interactive and fun. Learning feels like playtime.
|It only teaches English. Want to learn Spanish? You’ll need another app.
|It covers all aspects of English. Vocabulary, topics, you name it.
|It’s subscription-based. It might not fit everyone’s budget.
|It’s safe and age-appropriate. No worries for parents.
|For older or advanced learners, it might be too simple. They might need a challenge.
|Parents get progress reports. You can track your child’s journey.
|It works offline. No internet connection? No problem.
How Does Lingokids Work?
Ever wondered how Lingokids manages to make learning such a fun-filled adventure? Let’s take a peek at the magic behind the scenes.
Adaptive Technology For Personalized Learning
First off, Lingokids isn’t a one-size-fits-all kind of app. It’s adapting to your child’s learning pace.
Thanks to some pretty advanced technology, it tracks your child’s progress and adjusts the difficulty level accordingly. It knows exactly when to challenge your child and when to ease off.
Interactive Games And Activities
But what’s learning without a bit of fun, right? That’s where Lingokids’ interactive games and activities come in.
Whether it’s matching colors in the “Colors” unit or counting numbers in the “Numbers” unit, every activity is designed to keep kids engaged and entertained.
Learning Through Visuals
And it’s not all about games. Lingokids also uses engaging videos to introduce new concepts.
For instance, in the “Weather” unit, kids learn about different weather conditions through a fun, animated video.
Learning Through Music
Who said learning couldn’t be musical? Lingokids features catchy songs that help kids learn new vocabulary and improve their pronunciation.
In the “Food” unit, there’s a song about the names of different foods. It’s a fun way to learn and will surely get stuck in your head.
Testing Knowledge By Quizzes
These quizzes help kids test their knowledge and reinforce what they’ve learned. They’re challenging but not too difficult.
In the “Body Parts” unit, there’s a quiz where kids identify different body parts. It’s a great way to review and reinforce learning.
Parents’ Involvement In The Learning Process
As a parent, you’re not just a bystander in your child’s learning journey. Lingokids keeps you in the loop with weekly progress reports.
Plus, it provides resources to help reinforce what your child has learned. You’re an active participant in your child’s education.
Design And Interface Of Lingokids
Ever wondered why kids are so drawn to Lingokids? A big part of it is the app’s design and interface. Let’s take a closer look.
Colorful And Engaging Design
Lingokids is a visual treat. It’s full of bright colors and fun illustrations that instantly grab a child’s attention.
But it’s not just about looking good. The design is also user-friendly, making it easy for kids to find the activities they’re interested in.
Simple And Intuitive Interface
Navigating Lingokids is a breeze, even for the little ones. The interface is simple and intuitive, making it easy for kids to find their way around the app.
Plus, it’s super responsive, so kids can interact with the app without hiccups.
Lingokids is all about providing age-appropriate content. The activities are tailored to the specific needs and learning pace of kids of different ages.
This ensures that kids are constantly challenged but never overwhelmed.
And here’s the uncommon one: Lingokids is 100% ad-free! This means kids can focus on learning without any pesky interruptions.
Supporting Children’s Learning
But how do the design and interface support children’s learning? Let’s break it down.
- The use of bright colors keeps kids engaged. It’s a well-known fact that kids are more likely to learn when they’re having fun, and the vibrant colors in Lingokids do just that.
- The language used in the app is simple and easy to understand. This makes it easy for kids to follow the instructions and absorb the content.
- The interactive activities promote active learning. Instead of just reading or listening, kids learn by doing, which is a more effective way.
- And finally, the app uses positive reinforcement to keep kids motivated. Stars, badges, rewards – they all encourage kids to keep learning and make progress.
Lingokids is more than just a language-learning app. It’s a comprehensive learning platform that covers a wide range of subjects and skills.
Let’s see what Lingokids has to offer.
Lingokids is a powerhouse of learning. With over 600 objectives and 1,200 activities, it’s a world of knowledge.
- Math and Science: Kids can build the basics of math and science through fun activities.
- Reading and Literacy: Lingokids boosts reading and literacy skills through immersive activities like books, songs, and games.
- Engineering and Technology: Kids can explore design solutions and problem-solving skills through activities covering engineering basics, materials, and more.
- Arts and Music: Lingokids encourages creativity through engaging activities. Kids can digitally draw, paint, color, and explore music.
- Physical Activity: Kids can discover how exercise builds strength, balance, and confidence.
Modern Life Skills
But Lingokids isn’t just about academics. It’s about life skills, too. Here’s how:
- Practical Skills: Kids can discover and practice the foundations of independence. From doing laundry to sun safety, saving money to memory skills, Lingokids covers it all.
- Social-Emotional Learning: Lingokids aids in developing emotional resilience and social skills like communication, sharing, and collaboration, fostering well-rounded individuals.
- Citizenship and Community Learning: Lingokids embeds fundamental citizenship and community-building principles in its learning activities. Kids learn about helping others, kindness, empathy, and generosity.
- Environmental Education: Lingokids introduces sustainability, recycling, and waste management concepts.
Parents, you’re not just spectators here. The Parents’ Area is your command center.
It’s packed with information about the app’s curriculum and activities, and full of tips on how to use the app effectively with your child.
Curious about your child’s progress in Lingokids? The Progress Center is your answer. It’s a personal report card showing what your child has mastered and what they need to work on.
The Community Forum is a place for parents to connect, share tips, ask questions, and learn from others. It’s a space for you to grow along with your child, learning from the experiences of others.
Lingokids Blog And Podcast
Need more resources? Check out the Lingokids blog and podcast. They’re packed with articles and discussions on parenting and education.
Who Is Lingokids For?
Lingokids is a vibrant, colorful world designed for little explorers. But who exactly should pack their bags for this learning adventure? Let’s find out.
For The Little Learners: Children Ages 2-8
Lingokids is a playground for the young and curious. Designed for children ages 2-8, the app tailors its content to match the learning pace of this age group.
So, if you have a little one who’s just starting their learning journey, Lingokids is a great place to start.
For The Eager Beavers: Children Who Love To Learn
Got a kid who’s always asking questions? Lingokids is perfect for children eager to learn and those who love playing games.
Its interactive activities are designed to keep these little learners engaged and motivated.
With content covering a variety of topics, from animals to numbers to colors, it’s a great way to satisfy their curiosity.
For The Involved Parents: Parents Looking For An Educational App
Parents, Lingokids has got you covered too. If you’re looking for an educational app for your child, Lingokids is an excellent option.
With a dedicated parents’ area, you can track your child’s progress and get tips on how to make the most of your child’s overall learning.
How To Use Lingokids
Ready to dive into the world of Lingokids? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate this learning adventure.
Step 1: Download The App
First things first, let’s get the app. You can find Lingokids on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Store, and Huawei AppGallery.
It’s available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, so pick the one that suits your child best.
The app is free to download, but there’s a premium subscription that unlocks all the content.
Step 2: Create A Child’s Profile
Here, you’ll need to enter your child’s name, age, gender, and language preference. You can even choose a profile picture.
This profile helps Lingokids personalize the content for your child. It’s like a tailor-made learning journey.
Step 3: Explore The Content
Lingokids is divided into different categories like Animals, Numbers, Colors, and Shapes. You can find activities by topic or level.
Each activity is designed to be interactive and engaging, turning learning into a fun game.
Step 4: Start Learning
Found an activity you want to try? Tap on it to start. The activity will guide you through the learning process.
You can also watch video tutorials for more insights. Remember, Lingokids is self-paced, so there’s no rush.
Step 5: Track Your Child’s Progress
As a parent, you can track your child’s progress in the parents’ area. You can see how many activities they’ve completed and how well they’re doing.
You can also get tips on how to use the app effectively. It’s like having a personal guide on this learning journey.
Step 6: Have Fun!
The most important step of all – have fun! Lingokids is designed to be fun and engaging.
If you’re having fun, your child will too. And when learning is fun, it’s more effective.
Lingokids’ Free Vs. The Subscription Version
Choosing between the free version and the subscription version of Lingokids can feel like standing at a crossroads. Let’s take a closer look at what each path offers.
About The Free Version
With the free version of Lingokids, you can peek into the world of Playlearning™. You can try out a few activities in each category, but the full array of content remains just out of reach.
Also, the free version doesn’t come with offline mode or progress tracking. It’s a good starting point to see if Lingokids feels right for your child.
About The Trial Version
Lingokids offers a 7-day free trial of the premium version. This trial opens up the entire library of content, including the latest games and activities. However, it doesn’t come with offline mode or progress tracking.
About Subscription Plans And Price
If you’re ready to go all in, the premium subscription is your golden ticket.
You get unrestricted access to all the content, plus the convenience of offline mode and the insight of progress tracking.
Offline mode lets you download activities for those internet-free moments. Progress tracking gives you a bird’s eye view of your child’s learning journey.
Here’s the most recent pricing:
-No offline mode
|-All other features
|7-Day Free Trial
-No offline mode
-No progress tracking
|$14.99/month or $71.99/year
(Varies by country)
-Up to 4 profiles
Which Option Of Lingokids Is Best?
Okay, let me share my two cents here. The free version is like a sneak peek, giving you a taste of what Lingokids can offer. The 7-day trial is like a behind-the-scenes tour, letting you see all the cool stuff.
But in my experience, the premium subscription is like getting a VIP pass. You get full access anytime. It’s a complete learning package that offers a ton of benefits.
But remember, every kid is different. Choose the option that best fits your kid’s learning style and your family’s needs. After all, the goal is to make learning fun, right?
How I Used Lingokids To Review It
To give you a genuine Lingokids review, I decided to roll up my sleeves and dive into the Lingokids universe. I created a profile for my pretend kiddo, “Thea Amber,” setting up age and language preferences and even selecting a fun profile picture.
I kicked off with the free version, sampling the activities on offer. I played games, watched videos, and even tested myself with quizzes, just like what I did when I was doing the 90 Day Korean review. I wanted to get a feel for how the app mixes fun with learning.
After a couple of hours, I switched to the 7-day free trial of the premium version. Suddenly, I had a whole new world of content at my fingertips.
I spent time exploring different units, from “Animals” to “Numbers” to “Colors,” and I was really taken with the range of activities and how they catered to different learning styles.
I made a point of checking out the parents’ area too. I kept an eye on Thea Amber’s progress, read the tips, and even joined in on the community forum. I wanted to see firsthand how Lingokids supports parents in their child’s learning journey.
Finally, I took the plunge and got the premium annual subscription. I wanted to experience all the app’s perks, including offline mode and progress tracking.
Over several days, I used the app, explored every feature, and immersed myself in the Playlearning™ experience.
In essence, I didn’t just review Lingokids; I lived it. I played, learned, and explored alongside Thea Amber.
And now, I’m excited to share my thoughts about the positives and areas for improvement of Lingokids.
- Fun and Engaging: Lingokids is a vibrant digital playground. The interactive activities kept my kid engaged and made learning feel like playtime.
- Wide Range of Topics: I was impressed by the breadth of topics Lingokids covers. It’s like having a mini school in your pocket, allowing my kid to explore different subjects based on her interests.
- Parental Involvement: The dedicated parent’s area allowed me to track my kid’s progress and gave me valuable tips on how to support her learning journey.
Areas For Improvement
- Navigation: The vast array of content can be overwhelming. A more structured learning path or some guidance would be helpful.
- Price: The subscription price for Lingokids is a bit steep. While there’s a free version and a 7-day free trial, the premium subscription might be heavy on the pocket for some families.
- Customer Service: I’ve had some difficulties canceling subscriptions and getting refunds. It’s something that Lingokids might want to look into.
Wrapping Up My Lingokids App Review
As I close my Lingokids review, I can’t help but feel a sense of admiration for this vibrant learning platform.
It’s not just about mastering English. It’s about embarking on a journey filled with curiosity, fun, and real-world learning.
What really sets Lingokids apart is its unique blend of academic and life skills.
It’s not just about learning. It’s about growing. And the fact that parents are invited to join this journey? That really set Lingokids apart from the competition.
Sure, there are a few bumps along the road. The navigation could be a tad simpler, and the subscription price might be steep for some. But hey, no language-learning app is perfect, right?
So, here’s my final say: Lingokids is a colorful, engaging, and comprehensive learning platform.
If you’re looking for an app that turns learning into an adventure, Lingokids might just be your ticket.
Learn Over 60 Languages With Ling!
Looking for a fun and effective way to learn a new language? Check out the Ling app! It’s not just for kids or adults. It’s for everyone who loves learning.
Here’s why the Ling app could be your perfect language-learning companion:
- A World of Languages: Ling opens up a world of over 60 languages. Whether you’re interested in Spanish, Korean, or something else, Ling has got you covered.
- Engaging Lessons: Its lessons are designed to be fun and interactive. They’re varied and engaging, making learning an enjoyable experience.
- A Community of Learners: Ling has a community of language learners. You can connect with others, share your experiences, and learn from each other.
- Extra Resources: The Ling app offers a wealth of additional resources. You can check out daily blog posts on language-related topics or listen to their informative podcast.
- Flexibility: With the Ling app, you can learn at your own pace, whenever and wherever you want. It’s designed to fit into your lifestyle, making language learning more accessible and convenient.
So why wait? Give it a try and take your language learning to the next level.