Do you feel like you’re always the unlucky one regarding cars? Like they always seem to give you trouble? If you’re living in Thailand, read this post, so you will be effectively talking to a mechanic in Thai!
If you’re having trouble with your car, you’d first want to search for auto repair services, right? But if a mechanic were to ask you for more details, would you feel comfortable explaining everything and talking to a mechanic in Thai right away?
Indeed, it can be frustrating when you’re in a rush to get to school or work, and your body language ends up confusing the mechanics even more.
Hey, why not start studying Thai now so you can communicate with the locals at the shop? Did you know learning a few common phrases can save your life and time? Pretty cool, right?
Auto Parts Vocabulary In Thai
Alright, before you start learning how to speak Thai in a complete sentence with mechanics, learning some auto parts vocabulary in Thai is a good idea. This will help you to identify and name different vehicle parts easily. So, let’s get started!
Start Talking To A Mechanic In Thai
So now that you’ve got those common Thai words for auto parts down, it’s time to put them into practice by rehearsing some common Thai phrases used at the auto service.
Ready to give it a go? If you plan on taking your car to the shop, you must be prepared to talk effectively with the mechanic. One way to do this is by familiarizing yourself with some common car issues. Check them out below!
How To Request A Tire Replacement In Thai
If you’ve watched documentaries or videos showcasing the beautiful scenery in Thailand, you might have noticed that there’s still a big difference in development between major cities and the countryside.
So, if you’re driving around, be prepared to go from smooth roads to bumpy ones that could potentially damage your tires.
Then, if you’re heading to the auto service, here are some common phrases you could find helpful!
- I need to get a new tire for my car. – ฉันต้องการเปลี่ยนยางรถยนต์ (chǎn dtɔ̂ɔng gaan bplìan yaang rót yon)
- The tire on my car is flat. – ยางรถของฉันแบน (yaang rót kɔ̌ɔng chǎn bɛɛn)
- It seems like my car’s tire is leaking. – ดูเหมือนว่ายางรถของฉันจะรั่ว (duu mʉ̌an wâa yaang rót kɔ̌ɔng chǎn jà rûa)
How To Request Maintenance And Repair On An Air Conditioner In Thai
Because Thailand is a tropical country with hot weather all year round, air conditioning is the most important repair that locals can’t live without. So let’s arm ourselves with the lingo that will save you from passing out from heat exhaustion on the drive.
- Please repair my car’s air conditioner. – รบกวนช่วยซ่อมแอร์รถให้ฉันด้วย (róp guan chûai sɔ̂ɔm ɛɛ rót hâi chǎn dûai)
- I feel that my car’s air conditioner isn’t cold enough. – ฉันรู้สึกว่าแอร์รถของฉันมันไม่ค่อยเย็น (chǎn rúu sʉ̀k wâa ɛ̀ɛr tòk ong chǎn man mâi kɔ̂ɔi yen)
- I have problems controlling the temperature in my car. – ฉันไม่สามารถปรับอุณหภูมิในรถได้ (chǎn mâi sǎa maan tòp ráp un hà puu mí nai rót dâi)
How To Request An Oil Change In Thai
Changing engine oil is a must if you’ve been driving your car for some time! It’ll help improve your driving experience!
Let’s learn some helpful phrases for asking for an oil change in Thai.
- I want to have an oil change on my car. – ฉันต้องการเปลี่ยนน้ำมันเครื่องรถยนต์ (chǎn dtɔ̂ɔng gaan bplìan náam man krʉ̂ang rót yon)
- Please check the oil condition in my car’s engine. – รบกวนช่วยตรวจสภาพน้ำมันเครื่องรถยนต์ให้ฉันด้วย (róp guan chûai dtrùat sà pâap náam man krʉ̂ang rót yon hâi chǎn dûai)
- Do you provide an oil change service? – มีบริการเปลี่ยนน้ำมันเครื่องมั้ย (mîip rí gaan bplìan náam man krʉ̂ang mái)
- My car’s brake fluid isn’t good. Can you change it for me? – น้ำมันเกียร์รถของฉันไม่ดีแล้ว ช่วยเปลี่ยนให้ด้วย (náam man gian tòk ong chǎn mâi dii lɛ́ɛo chûai bplìan hâi dûai)
How To Get A Car Diagnosed In Thai
When you notice that your car isn’t running as smoothly as it should be or if you hear strange sounds, it’s probably a good idea to take it to an auto service to get a vehicle health check as soon as possible.
Here, I’ve got some common phrases you can use when talking to mechanics.
- I’m looking to get my car checked up. – ฉันต้องการมาตรวจสภาพรถ (chǎn dtɔ̂ɔng gaan mâat rûat sà pâap rót)
- Please inspect my car’s trie condition. – รบกวนช่วยตรวจสภาพล้อรถของฉันด้วย (róp guan chûai dtrùat sà pâap lɔ́ɔn tòk ong chǎn dûai)
Learning these Thai phrases is a good idea if you want to have a smooth experience communicating with Thai mechanics.
This will save you time and ensure you get the high-quality service you’re looking for since the locals will understand precisely what you need help with. Oh, if you’re interested in learning more Thai words and grammar, there’s an excellent app for you!
Have you checked out Ling’s multi-tools for learning Thai? They’re super fun and keep you entertained while you learn, so you won’t get bored.
Learn Thai With The Ling App
Using the Ling app, you can study Thai in an innovative way that will help you progress more quickly than ever before! The app’s lessons are straight to the point and help you remember new vocabulary quickly.
One more thing, did you know that Thai is a tonal language? That means you might have difficulty pronouncing the words correctly. Don’t worry! Our app has got you covered with an intelligent chatbot and audio sound to help you practice every day and overcome any difficulties!