With KPOP, otherwise known as Korean pop, becoming popular these days, the number of people wanting to learn the Korean language is growing! If you want to learn Korean, one of the best places to start is with basic Korean vocabulary, particularly Korean nouns!
Whether you’re learning Korean because you want to be able to sing along to KPOP songs, plan to travel to Korea, or you’re already there, and you need a little help getting around, we’re here for you! Our blog has tons of helpful information about Korea, including Korean culture, Korean society, dating in Korea, the Korean language, and so much more! If you’re interested in all things Korea, check that out!
In the meantime, we’re here to give you 29+ Korean nouns and sentences to start learning today quickly! But, before we do, you must know some information about Korea and a little refresher on what a noun is!
So, let’s get started!
Korea: Background Information
If you want to go to Korea, you should do some research first. Luckily for you, we’ve listed some of the most important things about Korea and the Korean language before traveling there. If you’re interested in learning more about Korea or a particular part of Korean culture, you can always do more research!
We encourage you to learn about a country as much as before traveling because you will appreciate the culture and understand the language more.
Essential Things To Know About Korea:
- Location: East Asia
- Population: 76 million
- North Korea: 25 million
- South Korea: 51 million
- Capital of South Korea: Seoul
- Currency: Won
- Official Language: Korean
- Main Ethnic Group: Korean
- Written Language:
- Chosungul: North Korea
- Hangul: South Korea
Now that you know some quick bullet point facts about Korea let’s move on to nouns!
What Is A Noun?
To keep it simple, a noun is a person, place, or thing.
Of course, there are many different categories of nouns, so you can always do additional research if you’re interested in learning more about nouns. But, for now, we’ll keep it brief so that we can learn the most exciting part – Korean nouns!
29+ Easy Korean Nouns
Now that we’ve gone over Korea and what a noun is, we can start sharing the 29+ Korean nouns that you need to know before you travel if you’re already there or just learning Korean for fun! But, learning a noun isn’t all you need to know. That’s why we’ve included an example sentence for each noun.
Scroll to start learning!
Essential Korean Nouns
- Bathroom hwajangsil 화장실
- Where is the bathroom? hwajangsil-i eodi iss-eoyo 화장실이 어디 있어요
- Doctor bagsanim 박사님
- I need to see a doctor. uisaleul mannaya haeyo 의사를 만나야 해요
- Family gajog 가족
- Where is your family? neohui gajog-eun eodi issni 너희 가족은 어디 있니
- Friend chingu 친구
- Do you want to be my friend? nae chinguga doego sipni 내 친구가 되고 싶니
- Happiness haengbog 행복
- What brings you the most happiness?
- House jib 집
- Where is your house? dangsin-ui jib eodi 당신의 집 어디
- Language eon-eo 언어
- What language do you speak? eoneu nala mal-eulhaseyo 어느 나라 말을하세요
- Man namja 남자
- That man over there is so handsome. geogi namja neomu jalsaeng-gyeoss-eo 거기 남자 너무 잘생겼어
- Nurse ganhosa 간호사
- I need to see a nurse. ganhosaleul mannaya haeyo 간호사를 만나야 해요
- Tourist gwangwang-gaeg 관광객
- Are you a tourist? dangsin-eun gwangwang-gaeg-ibnikka 당신은 관광객입니까
- Water mul 물
- Could I buy some water? mul jom sal su iss-eoyo 물 좀 살 수 있어요
- Woman yeoja 여자
- That woman is so beautiful. geu yeojaneun neomu aleumdawo 그 여자는 너무 아름다워
Korean Love And Dating Nouns
- Boyfriend namja chingu 남자 친구
- Do you have a boyfriend? dangsin-eun namja chinguga issseubnikka 당신은 남자 친구가 있습니까
- Girlfriend yeoja chingu 여자 친구
- Do you have a girlfriend? dangsin-eun yeoja chinguga issseubnikka 당신은 여자 친구가 있습니까
- Hate silh-eohada 싫어하다
- Do you hate me? dangsin-eun nal silh-eohabnikka 당신은 날 싫어합니까
- Husband nampyeon 남편
- Where is your husband? dangsin-ui nampyeon-eun eodie issseubnikka 당신의 남편은 어디에 있습니까
- Love salang 사랑
- Do you love me? dangsin-eun naleul salanghabnikka 당신은 나를 사랑합니까
- Wife bu-in 부인
- How is your wife? bu-in bun-eun jal gyesibnikka 부인 분은 잘 계십니까
Korean Nouns For Travel
- Airplane bihaeng-gi 비행기
- What times does your airplane depart? dangsin-ui bihaeng-gineun myeoch sie chulbalhabnikka 당신의 비행기는 몇 시에 출발합니까
- Country gugga 국가
- What country are you from? eoneu nala-eseo wass-eoyo 어느 나라에서 왔어요
- Passport yeogwon 여권
- May I see your passport? yeogwon-eul bwado doelkkayo 여권을 봐도 될까요
- Street geoli 거리
- What is the name of the street? geoliui ileum-eun mueos-ibnikka 거리의 이름은 무엇입니까
- Taxi taegsi 택시
- I need a taxi. naneun taegsiga pil-yohae 나는 택시가 필요해
- Vacation hyuga 휴가
- I am on vacation. hyuga jung-ibnida 휴가 중입니다
Korean Nouns For Appliances
- Air conditioner eeokeon 에어컨
- How do I turn on the air conditioner? eeokeon-eun eotteohge kyeo 에어컨은 어떻게 켜
- Camera kamela 카메라
- I love your camera! naneun dangsin-ui kamelaleul salanghabnida 나는 당신의 카메라를 사랑합니다
- Laptop noteubug 노트북
- Please take out your laptop. noteubug-eul kkeonaejuseyo 노트북을 꺼내주세요
- Phone haendeupon 핸드폰
- What’s your phone number? dangsin-ui jeonhwabeonhoneun mueos-ibnikka 당신의 전화번호는 무엇입니까
- Television/TV tellebijeon 텔레비전
- I like watching TV. naneun tellebijeon boneun geos-eul joh-ahanda 나는 텔레비전 보는 것을 좋아한다
- Washing machine setaggi 세탁기
- Does this hotel have a washing machine? i hotel-e setaggiga issseubnikka 이 호텔에 세탁기가 있습니까
- WiFi waipai 와이파이
- Do you have WiFi? waipai iss-eo 와이파이 있어
Start Using The Ling App
If you want to learn a new language or increase your language skills, download and start using the Ling App!
By using the Ling App, you can learn basic words, phrases, example sentences, correct pronunciation, grammar, how to write, and more! For example, if you’re interested in learning Korean, the Ling App can teach you essential Korean words for everyday life, common Korean verbs, speaking like a native, and writing in Hangul! Your Korean skills will be off the charts compared to when you first started learning!
Check out these key features on the Ling App:
- Lessons in over 60+ languages
- Voice recordings from native speakers
- Lessons that are easy to follow
- Interactive chatbot
- Writing lessons in real-time
- Available in free and premium versions
- Available on both the App Store and Google Play
Those are just a few of the critical features of the app! If you want a learning experience like no other, start using the Ling App today.