Thailand cuisine has plenty of delicious foods, but if we say that the most popular Thai food is Pad Thai (ผัดไท), we wouldn't be wrong. Both native Thai people and tourists visiting Thailand love this food. If you are a lover of Thai foods I am sure you will find this post quite useful because we will give you the Pad Thai recipe. You can even try to make this Pad Thai recipe at home. In addition, we will also provide you with essential cooking vocabulary in the Thai language for this recipe, so you've got an informative and tasty blog post! Let's get started!
The Pad Thai recipe contains accessible ingredients that you can find in any Asian market and it is easy to make but it may take a long time to prepare if you are new to the cooking. The most important part that you need to pay attention to is the Pad Thai sauce as it should have a balanced flavor in terms of sourness and sweetness. So let's get to the ingredients, shall we?
There are various types of noodles on the market but we can't use just any kind of noodles for Pad Thai. We need dry rice noodles in medium size. If you have no choice then you can use any type of noodles but the traditional Pad Thai recipe contains medium rice noodles.
Medium-sized dry and flat rice noodles take about an hour to soak at room temperature water. (Thinner noodles take shorter and wider noodles take a longer time to soak). Remove the noodles when they become opaque white. Also, they must be totally pliable.
1. Cook The Noodles: Put rice noodles in a pot and add enough water to cover the noodles and boil them for 7- 8 minutes. They don’t have to be completely soft, but bendy.
2. Chop shallot, garlic, and ginger and put aside.
3. Whisk two eggs in a bowl with a fork and add a 3-finger pinch of salt. Again put aside.
4. Make The Pad Thai Sauce: Whisk fish sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a small bowl and put aside, we will add the sauce at the end.
5. Cook The Meat: For chicken; slice chicken into thin strips and season it with salt and pepper. Then, dry the tofu with paper towels pressing down firmly. For tofu; cut the tofu into small cubes and sprinkle salt and pepper. For shrimp; peel and season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Then, cook the seasoned chicken, shrimp, or tofu in a pot with hot oil over medium-high heat. Put aside.
6. Stir-Fry The Pad Thai: Gather your chopped shallots, whisked eggs, cooked noodles, cooked meat, and Pad Thai sauce on the stove. Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in the pot on high heat, add shallot-garlic-ginger, and stir, cooking for just a few minutes is enough.
7. Make a hole in the center of the pot, scoot the shallot mixture to the side of the pan, and add the whisked eggs into the hole. With a wooden spatula, scramble them and let them become brown just a little, and try to mix them with the shallots.
8. Add the drained noodles and toss with the egg mixture. Stir and fry them constantly for 3-4 minutes until the noodles become soft and pliable.
9. Add the Pad Thai sauce you prepared and cook for a minute. It may smell quite fishy at first but it will mellow out. Add the cooked chicken, tofu, or shrimp and turn and toss the noodles for a few more minutes.
10. Toss in the bean sprouts and roasted peanuts and sprinkle with chili flakes. Squeeze a little lime juice. Don't forget to taste. Adjust the sourness and sweetness until they balance each other. Give one more toss and it is ready to serve. Enjoy your meal!
|เผ็ดมาก||ped mak||very spicy|
|เผ็ดนิดหน่อย||ped nid noi||a little bit spicy|
|ไม่เผ็ด||mai ped||not spicy|
|หม้อหุงข้าว||maw hoong khao||rice cooker|
|น้ำปลา||nam pla||fish sauce|
Do you want to learn the Thai language? Then you are in the right place! Ling App is here for you!
The Ling App by Simya Solutions is a language learning app that has been used by millions of language learners around the world. There are more than 60 foreign languages, including Thai, waiting for you in the app. It contains practical language lessons and game-like exercises to make the learning process easier and more fun for you. You can learn a new language in a fun way with this language app. All you need to do is just download the app login and use the Ling App for 15 minutes on a daily basis.