Is language learning a goal of yours this 2023? Well, you are in luck! In today’s post, we will draw the curtain and present our five best apps to learn Vietnamese today. We know that it can be quite challenging to filter through the thousands of educational apps out there. With that said, we decided to help you out so that you can learn the language right away. If you are interested in that, then keep on reading!
Best Apps To Learn Vietnamese
With all the platforms out there, we are sure that there is an educational app that will fit your requirements and budget. What we have included below are the platforms that are most recommended by language learners and those that we have personally tried out and loved. If you feel that there are other platforms that can be included, feel free to comment down below and we will test it out for you.
Ling App by Simya Solutions is a language learning app liked by millions of language learners worldwide. This language learning app is a perfect starter if you are a beginner in Vietnamese. It is available for both Andriod and IOS, but it can also be used using the web version. Are you unsure whether this is the best platform for you? Read on the features of the Ling App below.
Features Of Ling App
• Ling App teaches you the Northern Vietnamese dialect.
• It has a gamified approach to teaching languages. There are bite-sized games and quizzes to teach you the Vietnamese language in a fun way.
• Ling App has various educational activities such as flashcards, quizzes, sentence, and conversation completion activities.
• Ling App provides you with a chatbot to improve your communication skills. You can talk about daily life and casual topics, and this practice will lead you to fluency in your target language, Vietnamese, in this case.
• Ling App teaches you the vocabulary and Vietnamese phrases and the extensive grammar explanations as well.
• This app is suitable for beginners. If you have an advanced level in Vietnamese, the content may be too straightforward for you.
• In listening exercises, the app doesn’t have a slow-motion option to make the pronunciation easier to understand.
Mondly is a language learning app that offers 41 foreign languages, and unlike its rivals, this app allows you to learn from your native language. Mondly was chosen the best year in 2019, and millions of users love it. Mondly is great for general Vietnamese if you are a beginner or intermediate. The topics are based on real-life situations. Mondly makes you practice speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills with different kinds of activities. You can get it from App Store, Play Store, and App Gallery.
Features Of Mondly
• Mondly combine more than 1000 languages so that you can learn Vietnamese from your native language.
• Mondly has about 50 topics which are real-life situations that you can encounter anytime. This way, it prepares you for conversational Vietnamese.
• It teaches you the necessary grammatical rules and provides you with an essential conjunctions list for you to use when making fluent sentences.
• Mondly has an appealing design and content for language learners.
• Mondly has a chatbot to have a conversation in Vietnamese anytime and anywhere. It works like you listen to the bot and repeat after it or answer the questions. It also has a hands-free version so that you can continue to learn the Vietnamese language while doing your daily work.
Mondly is a paid app, and the free version is very limited in terms of content. Learn more about this here.
The app includes too many pop-up ads that tell you to purchase the premium version.
Lingo Deer is a language learning app that offers ten languages, including Vietnamese. Lingo Deer has grammar lessons designed by experienced language teachers, so it provides a deep understanding of Vietnamese grammar. One of the best things about Lingo Deer is that you listen to a native speaker rather than a robotic voice in listening comprehension exercises. Let’s look at other features of this app.
Features Of Lingo Deer
• Lingo Deer has a flashcards system that you can adjust according to your needs. You won’t be asked the vocabulary you have already memorized this way.
• Lingo Deer enables you to take lessons offline with downloadable content. You can download all classes with just one click, and you are ready to learn anywhere, anytime.
• The quality of audio materials is in HD so that you do not have any difficulties while listening to recordings, and you can get the meaning quickly.
• We think that the language content and lessons are not quite efficient in developing satisfactory communication skills in Vietnamese.
• Lingo Deer doesn’t include enough speaking practice.
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning app in the world. It has a gamified approach to teaching. Duolingo turns learning into a competition among learners, making you more motivated and hardworking. If you are a visual learner, then Duolingo is great for you since it has many illustrations that support the word’s meaning.
Features Of Duolingo
• If you are a newbie to Vietnamese, Duolingo contains many lessons for you, which teaches the Vietnamese alphabet, vocabulary, and phrases in Vietnamese.
• Duolingo is completely free, so you don’t need to pay for the language content. However, there is also a premium (paid) version. You can continue your learning without getting interrupted by ads, plus you will have unlimited hearts.
• Duolingo has a well-structured design, which helps you to understand the vocabulary used in daily conversations in the Vietnamese language.
• The listening exercises use a robotic voice that sometimes may be difficult to comprehend.
• The Vietnamese vocabulary includes unuseful Vietnamese words, and the translation of sentences may be too grammar-based. You can learn more about this in our complete review here.
To Sum Up
We know that learning an Asian language may sometimes be challenging, especially initially, so it is helpful to have a study plan or a guideline. That’s why we have reviewed the best mobile apps to accompany you in the Vietnamese language. I am sure you will find them very useful. So what are you waiting for? Start learning Vietnamese now!
Fyi, iTalki does not offer Vietnamese.
I downloaded the app after reading your review and it’s not on their list. Maybe it was previously.
Hi Jay, Thank you for reading and for letting us know! We have updated the blog post. If you are looking for a fun and efficient app to learn Vietnamese, I invite you to try out our Ling app 🙂