Language learning is integral may it be for your personal development or career growth. Interested to learn how to speak one of the oldest languages in the world but found out that there is no Hebrew on Babbel? Well, we got you covered! In today’s post, we will walk you through the available resources and tips that will support your journey in learning Hebrew today!
Hey, there language learners!
Have you wondered what exactly are the benefits of language learning? I mean if you will really think hard on it, you will realize that there is more to it than the basic response “because I want to communicate with a native speaker.” There is something deeper behind those lines. For some, they seek not to communicate but to actually connect with another person. By connecting, you do not just get to understand the native language but also develop a clear perspective about the history, tradition, values, and distinct identity of a country.
For instance, you can easily say that you know the English language but that does not automatically mean that the structure and meaning of vocabulary words and expressions are the same for all English-speaking countries. Take the words “salvage” for example. In the U.S, it literally means “to save,” but in the context of the Philippines, it means “to kill.” Another example is “nose-bleed,” which is a funny phrase in the Philippines that means “I do not fully understand.”
Based on the examples above, I believe that we can agree that the features of languages are complicated and it remains to be challenging even for native speakers. Now, if you are up for a real challenge then perhaps you have been wondering if you should learn one of the most influential languages there is in the world, Hebrew. Well, if you are looking for some of the reasons why this is a good starting point for your language learning journey then here are my top 5 reasons why:
- Learning Hebrew paces the way in instantly connecting and appreciating historical and philosophical documents as it is one of the oldest languages in the world.
- Mastering the Hebrew language will help you gain a perspective on Jewish history and understand better the culture and tradition of Israel.
- If you are interested in reading the Old Testament in the way it is written, learning the Hebrew language is definitely a must.
- Unlike Mandarin Chinese, there are only 22 (easily recognizable) letters/characters to memorize making it one of the easiest languages to learn. (To add to that, their characters are pretty unique which is why it is often part of tattoo designs).
- In terms of grammar, the Hebrew language only uses one article and this is definitely one of the reasons why it is much easier to learn than Spanish (a language that goes the extra mile by including masculine and feminine articles).
The Best Way To Learn Hebrew Language Quick
Want to learn Hebrew and sound like a total native in one of the most beautiful languages in the world? If you want to, I highly suggest that you do these top tricks we have compiled to make language learning easier even for total beginners.
- Sign-up with online classes to get a comprehensive lesson structure on pronunciation, advanced grammar, alphabet, and conversation shadowing. The only drawback here is that this may take up so much time and will be a bit on the pricier side.
- Listen to Hebrew-based music and watch video compilations and movies in order to familiarize yourself with the language even better. While this may be a fun alternative, it can be hard to find media products that are authentically in Hebrew.
- Memorize their alphabet and write it out. This method will save you money since you can download free workbooks to level up your writing skills.
- Teach yourself by downloading free resources available just by simply keying in “free Hebrew resources” in Google. From there, you can see tons of content and you can choose which one best fits your language learning preference.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to how motivated you are in learning the features of the Hebrew language. In reality, you do not have to spend thousands of dollars just to learn as you can utilize various learning resources that are downloadable and compatible with your mobile devices. Interested to know more? Keep on reading below!
The Two Greatest Alternatives When There Is No Hebrew On Babbel
Can you learn Hebrew online? The good news is that it is possible if only you know where to look for free online lessons!
Given all the available technologies today, there are a number of online resources where you learn a new language and practice your heart’s content. Some of these are paid but the best part of it all is that a huge range of apps is available for free. Yep! Free apps directly from Google Play Store and Apple store!
One of the most highly-rated language apps today is Babbel, a German subscription-based language learning app launched in 2007. While it has been in the field for quite a long time now, it has not expanded its language offerings and it mainly focuses on popular ones like Spanish, Italian, French, German, and others. But when it comes to Hebrew, it does not have available lessons.
To help you get started in language learning, I will introduce to you two of my most recommended applications that are guaranteed to provide bite-sized information on both traditional and modern Hebrew today!
The Ling App – A Free Modern App Ideal For Fun Language Learning
Accessible for all devices, the Ling App offers a remarkable Hebrew language course as it is complete with critical grammar points, basic and advanced vocabulary words, and quizzes to check for acquisition level. It also integrates a chatbot that will give instant feedback and comments as you practice what you have learned in the lessons. What is even better is that it is also available to use on this website aiming it possible to squeeze in language learning sessions at any time.
Want to mimic how the locals pronounce the words? It also has pronunciation guides in the form of audio files so that you can say the word like a total pro despite being a beginner. From there, you can practice by listening to it and then repeating it until you teach yourself the native version. What makes it even more special is that the application includes challenging games to support your language learning experience. Based on my experience, I even ended up spending hours using it because it was just too much fun!
Simply Learn – A Free App Compiling Useful Words And Phrases For Daily Conversation
Interested in getting assistance and learning Hebrew quickly and effectively? Beginner or not, I sure bet you will fall in love with the straightforward approach available at Simply Learn by Simya Solutions. Simply Learn focuses on providing bite-size lesson content related to Hebrew words and phrases used in day-to-day conversations. It gives out free tips along with pronunciation and grammar guidelines making your memorization experience much better!
It makes use of the flashcard method and you can use it even when you are offline so that you can practice and speak Hebrew in no time!
Get Started On Learning The Language Today!
Let’s make life even more interesting by challenging ourselves to take up a new language that is largely different from our native language. So, what are you waiting for? Level up your skills today and improve your knowledge of vocabulary words when you download the Ling App and Simply Learn for free!
If you enjoyed this post, feel free to read out other articles related to language learning tips only here at the Ling App website. You can also help us cultivate a love for learning Hebrew by sharing this on some of your social media accounts. Who knows? Your friend might want to learn a new language like you too!